Heroes of Lockdown
As Melbourne braced for lockdown .2.5, Creative Natives were keen to hear from the Melbourne community to see who had been their hero of lockdown and helped them get through this period.
- A colleague that’s kept your spirits high with banter on slack.
- Someone who has helped you in your job search.
- A medical professional that’s on the front line.
- Someone who is doing an incredible job in homeschooling.
- Or simply a friend that has been there for you for the last 4 months.
Our first winner is Kirk Kenny, nominated by Dane Windley. After seeing Dane’s post about how he’d become homeless after losing his job due to Covid, Kirk reached out and invited him ’round for a roast dinner with craft beers, and provided a topped up Myki Card- what a lovely gesture! We’re also happy to hear Dane is back on track and doing well.
The 2nd winner is Lucy Garcia, who was nominated by Alejandra Ángeles for all the help she has given to the international students by donating supermarket vouchers and delivering fresh fruit and vegetables- awesome!